Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

HI in the middle and round on both ends....

Mood: Just chillin.. watching the Tour De France
Song: “Common People” by Pulp
Wine: Rene Barbier Mediterranean Red
Sobriety: Somewhere between Partly Cloudy to Severely Overcast
Book: The continuing saga of “A Heartbreaking Work..”

July 1st, 2006 Velo-Z Zanesville, OH
Big time bummer!!! I have read a lot about a trail called “Velo-Z” located just southeast of Zanesville, OH. There were big time accolades in the Mountain Biking Ohio book I own, along with a lot of postings on the internet saying this is (or should I say was) arguably the best trail in Ohio. I followed the directions on the internet and the book I own, only to find out that the trail is closed. But…. I took advantage of being in the location that I was. I ended up riding down the road and ended up entering the Blue Rock State Forest. It was definitely not anything extremely exciting, but I found and Equestrian trail and road that for a while that ended up with some good hills and creek crossings. I normally am extremely anal about getting my information together for biking trips, but have been extremely pressed for time due to actual job workload. I can’t complain…It pays well.. So… this is the result of lack of homework…. Kinda worries me for my trip that starts July 11th…

July 2nd, 2006 Alum Creek State Park Just North East of Columbus, OH
This trail is located north of Columbus, west of I-71. From I-71 exit east onto Polaris Parkway. Follow Polaris Parkway north, and it will become Worthington Road. Follow Worthington north to Lewis Center and take a left. Follow it to the trailhead, about 1 mile down on the right.

This is a fantastic trail system to ride, incorporating many creek crossings and has the potential for a lot of speed. I recommend riding the 2 mile easy loop on the south side of the road for a good warm-up prior to riding the more difficult section. This trail is definitely worth the ride if you are in the area. Thank heavens this was a good trail…I was very depressed when I found out about Velo-Z.

Food Establishments:
Columbus Brewing Company
Drink the Scottish Ale! It is excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home