Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Riding in Kentucky Y'all

Mood: Work is a four letter word
Song: “Sing” by the Dresden Dolls
Wine: Beringer Nouveau
Sobriety: My puzzler (aka head) hurts – Happy Birthday USA
Book: A Heartbreaking Work….. continues

June 25th, 2006 Wilderness Trail Louisville, KY
Drove from Bloomington, IN to Louisville today. To get to the Wilderness Trail Loop, click on this link: http://www.kymba.org/trails/trail.php?id=51 the only additional info I can provide is that there is good parking across from the trail next to a creek and a golf course.

This trail has over 2 miles of excellent riding. Upon completion of the trail, I walked over to a creek to chat with three bikers who appeared to be cooling off in the water. I asked if there were any other trails in the area that were worth riding. I found two things out…

First –there is over 5.5 miles of additional trails along the river bank that is a freaking fantastic ride. I was lucky enough to tag along with these three individuals for a personal tour of the local trail system. It is unfortunate that out of towners would never realize these trails existed, or how to navigate them. I do have to let ya all in on the fact that I crashed and burned big time on the trail. I tried to bunny hop over a vine that was a good 2” in diameter. My pedal actually caught up in the vine, and I superman’ed over the handlebars.

Second – These three riders had a good scheme going – and strategically placed beer in the river/creek/stream trail crossings and would stop and partake of the wares as they saw fit. This wasn’t cheap beer either…Bells Oberon…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home