Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ignore the man behind the curtain

How long shalt thy stay?

In defense of my own taste, it is important to me to write that I think nothing in this Blog to be of any value to any reader...but, it stands to be a good way for me to document my mountain biking excursions - and at the same time share my thoughts (although via a Blog, I feel like the man hiding behind the curtain in The Wizard of the Oz). NOBODY GETS IN TO SEE THE WIZARD! NOBODY!!! (this is where i would type the sideways smileyface)

But, if you still wish to stay...

Be thy intents wicked or charitable,
Thou com'st in such a questionable state
That I will speak to thee...

So, my big dilema now is whether I ride in the iceman race this year (2005)... I rode in the event in 2004.... well, I am not so sure 'rode' is the correct word to use. Does 'rode' portray the image of me in the iceman trying to figure out why, half way through the race ,the earth suddenly became void of oxygen? Ever see a fish out of water "gulping air"? Oh yeah, that was me. No excuses, I just plain and simple wasn't in the shape I needed to be in. I did finish (above average finish), but I am a "technical rider" used to tight turns, log bridges, ramps, and stump jumping- not this 27 mile as fast as you can shizat. Anywho, there is a significant sense of pride and accomplishment (i.e. stupidity) that someone feels by completing such a taxing experience. I typically finish each of my mtn biking rides by uncorking a bottle of wine and tasting the nectar of the gods. Not for the iceman.. NO SIR!!!
This is what I did on completing the Iceman:
1) Took a couple steps
2) Fell down
3) Get my ass kicked getting back on my feet
4) Repeat steps 1 thru 3

So, should I do this again? Not sure...


Mother Nature (that temptress) gave me great temps the beginning of this week to get me excited to begin the summer mountain biking season. But alas.... It seems as though the weekend will be chilly. Therefore, it appears to be a weekend of riding "rails to trails". Damn! And yet, better than nothing.

What relish is in this? How runs the stream?
Or I am mad, or else this is a dream.