Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

There's nothing funny about a clown in the dark

Mood: Abel, not Cain
Song: Superman's Dead - Our Lady Peace
Wine: Aticama's Merlot (currently trashed on this vice - forgive my syntax)
Sobriety: Ted Kennedy

Relatively close to my house, there exists this large tree. The top of this tree resembles a hot air balloon... Tons of branches and leaves, and the upper half looks extremely healthy.

Heres the thing (ya see)....

The very bottom of the tree, about two feet above the ground is rotted out. Not just a little, but over three quarters of the tree trunk is completely gone. Big top, little to no bottom....

So, I drive by this tree almost every day. It happens to be on my main route to everything (work, shopping, entertainment, etc).... So, in a nutshell - I see this tree all the time. Every time I drive by, I make it a point to see if the tree is still there. When it is, I think.... "That sucker is not gonna make it much longer".... I have been thinking this for three years now. Many storms have passed (claiming many trees, trash recepticles, house siding, and I actually saw a trampoline and 12' boat in the middle of the road). Anyhow... The tree still stands...

Strong
Persistent
Stubborn

Fuck you for thinking it wouldn't last.

I love seeing that thing every morning and every evening....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Lures information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home