Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Keep the Rubber Side Down

I purchased some Maddux Explorer Hand Built Rims that were on clearance from a biking website. The rims state that after the first good ride, they should be re-tuned. I did notice that the rear rim is got a good wobble to it. i will be getting it tuned before the next ride. Hope the manufacturers statement holds true, and it is a very infrequent practice. It would suck to have to tune them all the time.

Here are the Pics:




I went with Kenda Small Block 29er tires. I am very pleased with the appearance and how well they ride. They do collect a lot mud....

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Any news on the Maddux wheels? They certainly are a bargain, but I'd hate for then to turn out to not be able to hold true.

Impressions thus far?

8:12 PM

 
Blogger wino said...

I took them to a bike shop to get re-trued a while back, since I don't have a truing stand yet. They fixed em up good. I have road them since, and they have stayed straight. I really haven't road them hard though! I guess I would have to say that the verdict is still out (unfortunately)! Sorry!!!

11:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering...have you ridden the wheels any more yet? I'm looking for a new wheelset too and the Maddux seems like a great bargain for the weight if they hold up well to abuse. Thanks for your input.

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home