Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I see London (Ontario that is)

I was fortunate enough to go biking at Fanshawe Lake Trail in London, Ontario last week! What a great ride! This trail is located on the Upper Thames River, and does have a $5 entrance fee. The fee is well worth the ride. Here is the entrance:


Driving through the complex is easy, with good signs and directions to the trailhead:


I ended up riding over 16 miles, with some great singletrack - and some fun technical stuff.

Here is a fun technical section in the woods that gradually built up some height.


There was a river crossing that was a good 4 feet in the air that was 2-way traffic.


Two pictures of a really fun suspension bridge out in the open to ride over:





Ok.. I have to admit... I chickened out and didn't ride this... There was some wicked parts that didn't have warnings, so I knew this was gonna be sick.

Picture of the front:


And the back:


The final picture of the ride was as the evening fell over Fanshawe Lake.




On to New York!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home