Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ultimate Pro Workstand for a Novice

So being a cheap-o, I have always resorted to flippin my bikes over onto their seat to do maintenance. That's no big deal... Until you spend some good ca$h on a saddle and don't want it torn up from the concrete and stone in your driveway. Also, the age factor has been kicking in. The ole back gets sore when ya hunch over a bike for an hour.

I finally bought a workstand.

I read a bunch of reviews, and decided on the Ultimate Pro Workstand.



I chose this workstand for a number of reasons.

First - The stand has quick release and fastening abilities with a quick flip of the wrist.
Second - The reviews for the stand all had really high ratings, and many websites referred to it as a "best buy".
Third - The red color is badass.
Fourth - The stand converts from a very stable and sturdy setup, to an easily portable one in mere minutes.

Picture of stand opened up:


and the stand folded up:


Man, does my shadow in the picture above make me look tall....

The negatives of the stand are that there were a small number of complaints that the clamps were cheaply made, and the paint was subject to scratching easily.

There is the rub..... Every stand had issues... Can't have everything.
Hopefully, this will turn out to be a good purchase AND this stand will play an important role in my next bike build!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home