Michigan Mountain Biking fella who has a fancy to drink red wine.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

WHERE IS THE CORKSCREW!?!?!?!?

Stopped into the Smoky Mountain Winery to sample the wares and make some purchases...
Here is a pic I took of the winery:


The winery is located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee - and opened its doors in 1981. Free tours and wine tasting is available. I took full availability of the free wine tasting.

For the most part, the wines are fairly sweet. I actually prefer dry reds.. I ended up purchasing some Leconte Red.

LECONTE Red-A dry, light bodied red wine from a blend of French-American hybrid grapes, Chancellor & Leon Millot. Similar to a Beaujolais in style. Aged with American oak. Serve at room temperature with meat and pasta dishes.

I used to not really like "oaky" wines, but as the years go by - I enjoy them more and more..

The winery does have a cabernet that they do make, but none were available at the time of my visit.

Here is the basic label for the winery - where they just change the variety name...


Wanna visit here again.. Try the Mountain Memories (The Smoky Mountain Winery Cabernet) and take a tour....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home